I know there is a huge split between people who are pro supplements and people who are anti – and to be fair, I can see both sides of the argument. In my mind I agree that yes – ideally speaking we should be able to get all the nutrients that we need from a balanced and healthy diet and lifestyle, but especially in cold winter months when we are all busy and tired from work and family obligations it might not be a bad idea to give our bodies a bit of extra support.
So being November and feeling the stress of the retail season in my job, I try and get as much sleep as possible (which is not as easy as I would like it to be – my Mirena is causing severe back and leg pains that keep waking me up multiple times a night), always layer up and keep warm, crack out those extra thick socks and order some more black fleece lined leggings off Amazon…
My current supplements of choice are:
- Primrose Oil – high concentration of omega-6 and helps combat eczema and dry skin, which is winter is extra important.
- Cod-liver Oil – omega-3 oils, vitamin A & vitamin D – reduced blood pressure, cholesterol, aids fight arthritis and diabetes.
- Magnesium – this is one of the most essential vital nutrients for the human body and helps combat fatigue, insomnia, depression and migraines and helps support kidney and heart functions.
- Apple Cider Vinegar – the benefits of this are endless and include fighting Alzheimer’s and Parkinson disease and preventing cholesterol plague in the heart as well as kidney stones and gall stones.
- Multivitamin 1000C – to help support the immune system to stay strong and fend off those annoying colds, sore throats and flu symptoms.
Add to this an increased dosage of herbal teas like – Dandelion & ginger tea, Fennel tea and green matcha tea and here I am rocking the healthiest week ever!
Am actually even considering popping over to the fruit & veg shop and doing a little stock up for a week of juicing…hmmm…